- The Nyack Hospital Medical Staff Library, funded by the Hospital Administration and the Medical Executive Committee, provides the knowledge-based medical information needs of the hospital.
- Mission: Library serves as a primary department responsible for developing systems and services to meet the knowledge-based information needs of the Hospital. The primary mission:To provide the most effective, responsive, and up-to-date information service to support clinical decision-making, administrative planning and management, Continuing Medical Education (CME) of staff and performance improvement.
- Goals and Objectives: Library and Information Services (LIS) are intended to be both on-site and accessible on a 24/7 basis. LIS is a vital reference and research information center incorporating state-of-the-art information technology utilizing Internet and IP authenticated Intranet. To Optimize LIS goals and strategic approach to 24/7 services, we are happy to share with you the following overview:
Facts & Figures - LIS Overview
LIS Library & Information Services: Overview
- Coordination of Knowledge Management
- 90% ‘Virtual Library’ eResources
- 10% Hardcopy
- Acquisition, Annual Licensing Agreement, Dissemination, and Preservation of Information Resources
- Coordination of Licensing Agreement
- SENYLRC: Southeastern New York Library Research Council
- HLSP: Hospital Library Services Program
- Extensive Literature Search Services
- Document Delivery Services
- Current Awareness Services – eTOC; News of the Day
- End-User Orientation and Training
Coordination of Knowledge Management
e-Resources – Web Version
- A-to-Z e-Books – 300+ titles
- A-to-Z e-Journals – 1600 Titles
- Access Medicine - Harrison's Online; Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 12e, etc
- ACP Piers – Physicians Information and Education Resource w/ AHFS DI essentials
- CINAHL: (Cumulative Index for Nursing and Allied Health Literature) - 2 million+ citations
- Cochrane Library – Cochrane Database of Systemic reviews (CDSR)
- DynaMed - Point of Care CME and Evidence-based Clinical reference tool
- eMedicine/Medscape CME/WebMD CME activities
- MD Consult - 81+ eBooks; 53+ full text eJournals; 50,000 high-quality medical images; Clinical articles; Clinical education; Guidelines; News; CME Point of Care thru Cleveland Clinics
- PubMed (Medline) – 20 million+ citations
- UpToDate - Clinical reference tool and CME
- 400+ Reference & Circulating Titles
- 35 Current (2011) Jnl subscription + 120 Jnls – Latest 5 Yrs
All Nyack Hospital Physicians and Staff are welcome to use Library or contact the Library Director and take advantage of available services – Gateway Orientation. Gateway Training via Webinar, etc. - MD’s and staff have 24/7 access to the Library by swiping at the side door entrance with their ID badge.
- Library has a ‘Honor’ system.
- Both print and electronic collections are accessible to everyone on staff.
- Print journals are for use in the Library only.
- Some print books can be checked out.
- A round yellow sticker or ‘Reference’ on the spine of a book indicates that it is for reference use only in the Library.
- All others can be signed out for a week – Circulation Desk and Binder are located next to Library’s Office – We honor a Self-service by wring down your name; Dept; Extension in the Circulation Binder.
E-resources are available 24/7 via the Library’s Web Page. See Library Director for logon information if accessing the Library Web Page from home or away from the hospital's network.
Hospital Pictoral History
Nyack Hospital pictorial images since 1889 will be displayed in this section. This images will also be incorporated into the rotating images on the gateway header. The pictorial images will be available when we finialize the image preparation.